“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.” –Erasmus
“If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
On January 1st, 2014, I launched my book review mailing list with my favorite books for 2013. As a subscriber, you will receive reviews of the books that I read every 2 months as well as my favorite books of the previous year each January. I also review non-book reading material from time to time if I find it interesting.
To give you a general idea of what type of books you will find in my reading list, below are a few from the past couple of years from common genres that I enjoy:
- business and economics: Josh Kaufman’s The Personal MBA, Henry Hazlitt’s Economics in One Lesson,
- negotiation and influence: Robert Fisher and William Ury’s Getting to Yes, Robert Cialdini’s Influence,
- human behavioral sciences: Daniel Kahneman’s Thinking Fast and Slow, Steven Pinker’s The Blank Slate,
- philosophy: John Locke’s Second Treatise of Civil Government, Thomas Sowell’s A Conflict of Visions,
- sales and marketing: Bob Burg’s Endless Referrals, Ryan Holiday’s Growth Hacker Marketing,
- history: Robert Lacey’s Inside the Kingdom, Paul Kennedy’s The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers,
- foreign policy: David Sanger’s Confront and Conceal, Henry Kissinger’s On China
- public speaking and writing development: Jeremey Donovan’s How to Deliver a TED Talk, William Zinsser’s On Writing Well
You can subscribe via the form below.
Top 3 reasons you should join:
- You will find out about amazing books and get my thoughts on each.
- I’ll never spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time with a single click.
- All the coolest people that you know are already on my mailing list. (Yes, all of them).
I happen to be a fan of property rights, individual liberties, free markets and the rule of law. As such, that tends to come out strongly from time to time in some of my book reviews. I’ve never had complaints from any of my subscribers, but if this bothers you, this mailing list may not be for you. And worst case scenario, if you subscribe and then decide you don’t want to receive them anymore, unsubscribing consists of simply clicking a link at the bottom of my emails. Thanks.